Much like Records on Appeal, Appendices are an integral part of the appellate process. Thus, it is of paramount importance to understand, at least, the basics regarding the Appendix method. Below, find 5 key facts to help you on your way to a better understanding of Appendices.
1. Appendices are essentially abbreviated Records on Appeal.
2. When filing an Appendix in AD1 or AD2, the lower court Record must be subpoenaed.
3. The subpoena fee for each county varies.
4. When filing an Appendix in AD3 or AD4, a Record on Appeal must also be compiled and then served/filed.
5. Citations to an Appendix in one’s appellate brief should be formatted as A___ instead of R___.