Please be advised that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit is proposing new and revised local rules to govern its practice. The amendments provide generally applicable guidance as to practice before the Court as it relates to the following:
- submission of sealed, oversized, and PDF documents;
- filing requirements governing motions to reinstate an appeal dismissed for failure to timely file a brief;
- requirements for information to be included in an Appellant’s principal brief;
- requirements governing the number of paper copies of the appendix to be submitted;
- requirements surrounding submission of an appellee’s supplemental appendix;
- requirements surrounding reproduction costs;
- procedures for seeking panel reconsideration or reconsideration en banc when the Court determines an appeal by issuing an order for which a FRAP 36 judgment is not entered; and
- requirements surrounding stipulations or motions to voluntarily dismiss a criminal appeal.
In accordance with 28 U.S.C. § 2071(b) and Fed. R. App. 47(a)(1), comments are invited on the proposed rules. Please submit comments to the Clerk of Court at 40 Foley Square, New York, NY 10007 or email@example.com no later than January 15, 2014.
View the order inviting comment and attaching the proposed rules.