Home / Blogs / FAQ


by | Oct 31, 2019

Q: As an appellant, how can I request an enlargement of time to file my opening brief?

A: You may request a 60 day enlargement of time by filing a letter application.

Q: How and when do I notify the Appellate Division of the dates I will be unavailable for oral argument?
A: You must notify the Appellate Division by letter prior to calendaring of the appeal.

Q: Is it still necessary to file an oral argument request form in the Appellate Division-First Department?

A: An oral argument request form is no longer required at the Appellate Division-First Department.
The attorney arguing the case and how many minutes they will require for oral argument is now located in the top right hand corner on the Brief cover.

Recent Posts


ERIC J. KUPERMAN, ESQ. | Executive Vice President of Sales | PHP To effectively prepare for oral argument at the Appellate Division, numerous factors and considerations must be taken into account. Of course, those arguing an appeal must know the Appellate Division is...

Wednesday Wisdom

Sometimes filings contain errors on NYSCEF. If the clerk detects some defects in documents that have been e-filed, such as if papers for a different case are inadvertently attached the clerk may inform the filer and request that a corrected copy of those documents be...

Blog Categories