Q: As an appellant, how can I request an enlargement of time to file my opening brief?

A: You may request a 60 day enlargement of time by filing a letter application.

Q: How and when do I notify the Appellate Division of the dates I will be unavailable for oral argument?
A: You must notify the Appellate Division by letter prior to calendaring of the appeal.

Q: Is it still necessary to file an oral argument request form in the Appellate Division-First Department?

A: An oral argument request form is no longer required at the Appellate Division-First Department.
The attorney arguing the case and how many minutes they will require for oral argument is now located in the top right hand corner on the Brief cover.