Where do I file a notice of appeal or a motion for leave (permission) to appeal?

A: 1) A notice of appeal must be served upon your adversary and filed in the office of the clerk of the court of original instance (where the matter was commenced) within 30 days after service of a copy of the order or judgment appealed from with notice of entry. The County Clerk is the clerk of the Supreme Court in New York and Bronx County. The filing fee is $65.00.

2) A motion for leave to appeal is filed in the Appellate Division. The motion must include a copy of the order or judgment and decision, if any, of the court below, a statement of the ground of the alleged errors and if leave was denied at the lower court, a copy of the order denying leave to appeal ([22 NYCRR] 1250.4[c]).

For more information visit: http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/AD1/Practice&Procedures/FAQNewPracticeRules.pdf