Sometimes filings contain errors on NYSCEF. If the clerk detects some defects in documents that have been e-filed, such as if papers for a different case are inadvertently attached the clerk may inform the filer and request that a corrected copy of those documents be submitted. If the filer realizes that a filing was made incorrectly, he or she may wish to consult the County Clerk, the court clerk, or the NYSCEF Resource Center if uncertain about how to proceed.